Friday, November 28, 2008

Snowflake Medallion FREEBIE



I am working on a snowflake medallion design. Here is the prototype I first printed. To colour, I used the Gradient Flood-fill tutorial. I'm not sure if I like the black on this... future coloured versions will be a bit lighter and the outline will be a darker version of whatever colour I am using instead of the black. The background is a snowflake paper from the Blue Poinsettia Pack or the Poinsettia Red & Blue Bundle found HERE at the store.



This card, was made with an outline printout of the same medallion. I coloured the darker parts with a Tranquil Teal Bic Mark-It marker. The lighter layer was coloured with minty and cream coloured pencils - a bit of blending with OMS on the mint shading before I shaded with the cream. The dots on the medallion are meant for glitter "love" LOL. I added Patina Stickles to the perimeter and spots. I added an aurora borealis gem to the center. The ribbon is white iridescent organza coloured with the same teal marker. The background was done with chalk pastels with the techinque I posted HERE. * So basically, everything started out white and was coloured in LOL!


Close up to show the stickles... OK I think Patina Stickles is my fave colour!!! :) but you can't really see its true multi-faceted colour, trust me ... it is fab!

Now for the good part:
I am going to make this a tradition LOL! I had a snowflake medallion freebie last year, and I want to carry on the tradition :D

Here is the Digital Stamp version of this Snowflake Medallion and one sheet with minty and light blue coloured versions. DOWNLOAD FROM HERE
I will have another download with more coloured versions early next week ( as I have run out of time... busy busy LOL).

***The Terms of Use are different for this download. You can make coloured digital versions/sheets of this medallion and share with your friends/blog/groups. Just please make sure my name and blog address are somewhere on the sheet. Please don't sell the sheets. You CAN sell your crafted items and cards still. Please tell your friends and show me the link love :)) if you post your cards, etc. *** Thanks so much.

I'd love to see your creations... hint hint LOL

I'll be away this weekend, so if you don't hear or get replies from me until Monday don't panic LOL.

:)* Fred

23 comments:

Annapurna said...

Thanks for sharing your art.

I would really like a poinsettia without the lines. If and when you have one, can you let me know, so I can go purchase.

Thanks so much.

Andrea said...

TY TY TY for such a wonderful freebie. I can't wait to get crafting with this goodie.

Cazz said...

This is sooooo beautiful - I don't think it will be long before you see the finished article from me LOL

Thank you for sharing your talent with us xx

sheffsue said...

Thank you Tracey for another beautiful creation..it's gorgeous!

Sue x

Ratmomma / Carolyn said...

You are so awesome. thanks!

trulyblessed said...

Thank you for this new snowflake...I used last years for my TY cards - look forward to some new cards now :)

dclouser said...

Thank you - this is awesome!

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh Tracey - thankyou again for your generousity!!!

You know how much I love your work!

Hugs

Karen W said...

Beautiful and thank you so much, I'm going to try using Fantasy Film on these to give them some shimmer.

Foxycrafts said...

This is beautiful. Thank you so much Tracey. Wonderful.

Love Joan :o)

Anonymous said...

thanks for a wonderful freebie, its gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to play with these beauties! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Barb B. said...

Tracey, once again you've outdone yourself. I wish I had half your talent. Thank you for making us look so good. It is so very much appreciated. Barb B.

Edna Siu said...

Hi, Fred, unfortunately I cannot successful download the snowflake medallion freebie, is there any other way that I can download it?
there is something wrong lately. the internet is just so so adorable and yet, I don't know how to cope with the new techniques and my computer is an old-timer, its age is 14 years.
isn't it increditable?

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Edna,
use my email in my profile and send me a message, I will email you the files as soon as I can.

14 yr old computer? wow!!!! grin
:)* Fred

Unknown said...

Just found your site...too cool!!! Here is a card I created with one of your downloads!

http://handmadebyjenn.blogspot.com/2008/12/snowman-hugs.html

Can't wait to see more...

K said...

Hi Tracy,
love your snowflake. I just used it here
Bye, Kitty (Slovenia)

Anonymous said...

Wow are these gorgeous! LOVE your snowflake but what I love the most are your coloring techniques. That mint green on the second card is just wonderful.

opalpearl3 said...

I love your blog. Thanks for the freebies.

Michelle Pearson said...

I love this image....and I posted the card I made on my blog tonight with a link to your site. Thank you SO much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugz...

Victoria said...

wow this is fab, just followed a link to here, can see I'll be back to do some shopping!

Victoria
x

Shelly said...

How lovely! thanks so much.