Floral Pretties - Past & Present

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Card - Pink Blossom & Distress Ink Technique

Hi Everyone! I am still waiting on a few voters in the challenge so I have no news for you yet! I also want to remind you that there will also be 2 winners picked by random draw ( out of a hat.. don't like those random number generators.. not random enough for me LOL!).

I have a few cards I haven't posted yet. So I will close my eyes and pick one...

Oh yes... :O)

I love the background on this one. Here is what I did:

-I inked up my Sizzix Damask embossing folder with Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw Distress inks randomly. ( on the debossed side)
-I embossed the folder in the CB with white cardstock.
-I spritzed the cardstock with water.
-dry with heat tool
- then I moistened the clean sponge on my blender tool and inked it with scattered straw and then rubbed it over the embossed areas of the cardstock.
- I probably spritzed the cardstock again.
- dry with heat tool. Isn't it cool?!

The frame is from the same Sizzix embossing set.. Medallions, Frame & Damask and was distressed with scattered straw and then cut out. The bird is a BossKut bird die inked with worn lipstick and I added Distress Stickles in the same colour all over it.

Flowers and leaves are from "A Lovely Blossom & Butterfly Set" and are coloured with pencils and OMS . The center of the flower is 2 small daisy punched flowers ( fiskars I think) coloured with streaks of yellow and green pencil. I snipped each petal to make "ruffly" and bent the center of each punched flower in with a rounded embossing tool on a mouse pad to get the petals to pop out, then I glued one daisy on top of the other. The very center is lime green stickles.

Have a great day!
:)* Fred

9 comments:

Sue said...

What a clever idea with the CB folder, would never have thought of doing anything like that. It worked a treat as you have created a gorgeous card.
Sue xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what a beautiful background you've created... I love everything about it!

sugar n spice said...

This is Lovely, thanks for all the instructions, a real inspiration.
Suzi xx

Anita said...

Wow! This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing on you did this technique.

Tricia said...

gorgeous! love what you did here

Sue c said...

Very clever idea with the folder.I love this.Great card x

Shirley said...

The background is lovely. The whole card is beautiful, too. I'm going to try your technique with the Cuttlebug folder.
Shirley L.
Roseville, CA
shirlee@surewest.net

Conniecrafter said...

Such a beautiful background, love the colors, pretty flower too!

RosesMarijke said...

Amazing card!!