Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Faux Foldy Flower Card - Polka Dots



A birthday card for my niece I made last weekend. The flower was printed on copy paper, colored with a lovely Peacock Blue Prisma pencil and blended with OMS. I drew polka dots with a white glaze pen... I love this pen, it goes on "clear" and as it dries, it goes completely opaque and shiny! I used a paisley cuttlebug folder & dollar store ribbon and brad. If you'll notice, I folded the petals the other way this time.

I hope to have tutorials for colouring methods later this week or next; I have coloured a few flowers with a variegated technique that I will show soon. I am really "stuck" on these flowers LOL! They are quite addictive. I have 2 or 3 more flower shapes in the works. TODAY, I hope to get them completed. LOL.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I love the polka dots! And the blue and green looks lovely and fresh against the white paisley. Beautiful card!

Myrt said...

...don't you just love polka-dots? Lovely card - and the Cuttlebug background is perfecto!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey, I love the polka dots! Since we all don't have magic pens, maybe you could make us some:)

Erika H. said...

I just love this card. The flower and ribbon against the white look so clean and crisp. Love the way you did the ribbon.