Saturday, May 31, 2008

CARD - Faux Foldy Flowers - mach 2!


Here is a faux foldy flower card using a flower from my new " soon to be released" Pointy Petals Pack. Like the name? LOL I am just working on some new foliage and I hope to have it ready for sale tonight or tomorrow :) There will be 7 different flower shapes in varying sizes.

The flower is quite high; I didn't glue the middle down ( which would have made it less puffy) and it is, I am guessing, over 1/2" sticking out.

I used an "orange" General's watercolour pencil to colour and blended with baby oil using tortillons. This time I coloured in a "tear drop" shape on each petal and blended the middle then blended out to the edges of the petal. I did a bit of outlining with my stardust pen.

It is such a bright happy orange... just like an orange creamsicle, if you have ever had one... yum! The brad is a Doodlebug Sugarcoated Brad I bought from the new scrapbooking store we have in our little town... I can walk to it... Happy Dance!!!! OK I will put a "plug" in ... Karen's Creations :) I don't know if she handles international customers; her website looks like it is in the middle of updating.

OK back to work I go.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love your blog everything about it. Love the flower cards I am going to have to try my hand at the flower.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Gorgeous flower Tracey! Love the colour and the pointy design.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey - have been lurking here for a bit - but was wondering if you would be interested in having some of your cards for sale at the little craft store in the train station this summer - they are always looking for new items - and your cards are beautiful!! Let me know if this sounds like something you may want to pursue - I don't handle the store but could point you to who you need to talk to! I would sooo not be good at this - no patience - it has to be done on the computer or I can't do it - LOL

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Tracey. You do everything so well. The flowers look great!
Smiles, Barbara n Max

Myrt said...

....what a gorgeous colour combination - just love your work - absolutely 'awesome'.

spinz said...

waitin'waitin' for the newest foldy flowers- possibly smaller ones too? and possibly more colors too?
yippee skippee