Saturday, August 30, 2008

CARD - Pastel Blue Flowers

Thought I went missing again didn't ya?! I've been icky I have pink eye so please don't get too close to your monitor ... hahaha.

Another week sidelined from getting much done. But here is a card I managed in between naps on the couch.

Backing paper, a design I have doodled and have been playing with... ( I have oodles of colours and combos to decide on) that has been embossed with a grid pattern using the Scor-Pal. The scalloped frame I made digitally then was hand cut and cuttlebug embossed. The flowers were edged with Stickles glue ( waterfall) and leaves as well with lime-green. I punched some ash leaves, painted with a metallic paint then moulded. The Hello is a cuttlebug die ( Everyday Greetings). I completed the flowers with sticky backed pearls. There is so much silicone glue and foam dots on this card that it will never go flat LOL!

Friday, August 22, 2008

another CARD -Fred's Flowers v3 and some stamping

The background was made with the same defective photo paper LOL! 3 shades of Whispers ink were sponged on the paper... the ink takes a while to dry on this paper ( drying is usually quite speedy making this ink hard to work with on most paper I have tried) so the colours blended together very softly. After it dried enough ( this noob must remember to heat set!) I stamped over with a stamp I designed for Stamp Attack Art Stamps ( Doodles - TM Design).

The scalloped rectangle is made using the Fiskars Threading Water border punch but I covered up the holes with the white embossed CS. The flowers were coloured with the Magic Colored Pencil technique and were edged with sunburst Stickles glue.

I plan on putting a sentiment in the middle by printing the text to resemble a thin white strip of "ribbon" on a diagonal between the flower groupings.


I spent the day playing with my blog and learned alot about creating & adding backgrounds and playing with the margins ( wrappers in html lingo). I nearly gave up and still not sure if I like it but, now I have a very good idea how to tackle another design overhaul. If the design hurts your eyes, please let me know ROFL!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

CARD - Fred's Flowers v2 - alcohol inks

I used Fred's Flowers v2 Pointy Petals pack. For the petals I used a deepish blue pencil and used a fairly strong outline of colour from the middle to top of each petal; you work the blending stump ( dipped in OMS) from the coloured outline to the middle in a streak back and forth until you get a faint line, I did streaks for each petal. Then blend the outline out to smooth out the colour. I did a faint ring of colour around flower center and blended a bit. ( NOTE: If you wanted, after blending you can gently shade the whole flower with a lighter colour if you want something other than the white in the flower, example, lightly shading with a pale yellow/cream or light blue. If you use a light touch you won't need to blend with OMS.)

The brad is a navy blue dollar store brad embellished with Stickles ( waterfall). The leaves are moulded by bending and working the center line of the leaf, so the bending follows the line and curves :). I adhered all with silicone glue to lift it off the card. The embossed white is embellished with Pebbles Shimmers chalk- a light blue.

The background is one of my first forrays into alcohol inks! I used Jacquard Pinata inks on this one, the colours are very vibrant and ethereal in real life. I bought the wooden pouncing tool with the velcro, felt pads and the Tim Holtz blending solution... love it! While it is not recommended to use photo paper, I had some defective photo paper with a smooth glossy finish which no longer works in my printer ( the ink starts cracking ewww) but it doesn't seem to buckle or get gooey with the alcohol inks! yey me. I have a box of it ( around 250 sheets) so I think I will run out of inks before I run out of paper LOL!

I will try and post another card tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CARD - Fred's Flowers v1 and stamping

Hello peeps! I apologize for my absence. Having 2 lumpy kids home for the summer is like chinese water torture :P But I am now getting back in the swing, slowly but surely.

I have a few things almost ready to go in the store. Not sure yet when I will have them completed but it will be soon ;)

I finally made up some cards. Here is one using the v1 Flowers. I coloured with the magic colouring pencil technique ( pencils and OMS) and I am not exactly sure how I did the backing paper LOL! I know I crumpled some white copy paper... then the fun ensued. I used a combination of applying a purple whispers pad and antique linen distress inkpad using both color dusters and DTP to apply the ink; I also used an ink sweeper for the edging. I stamped one of my flower design stamps ( Stamp Attack Art Stamps - Butterfly Doodledallion sheet ) using Pearlescent Lavender Brilliance pad. The white is Cuttlebug embossed. The flower and leaves are raised with silicone glue. The yellow petals are outlined with yellow stickles and the center is a sugarcoated brad... yeah I found them! ( yes, they were lost for a bit - I blame failing eyesight and bad organizational skills LOL).

I will post another card tomorrow. Have a great day!