Monday, September 28, 2009

CARD - using Blue Blossom Sheet


I finally got a chance to use the Dark Blue Blossom Sheet ( By the Sheet section). I showed a side view to show the dimension I got by using silicone glue and moulding the flowers. I used Stickles on centers of flowers and distress stickles ( Faded Jeans) on the blue scalloped frame. The sentiment is from a Stampendous Clear Stamp collection I got a CropStop... ( Orchid Greetings) The colours on this one really pop... I chose the vivid photo setting on my printer and used Staples brochure and flyer paper... which I think is matte photo paper.



:)* Fred who is going "back to work" on more goodies if the puppy stays asleep!

5 comments:

Carolivy said...

Gorgeous Tracey! I really love this set and you have made a stunning card with it! Can't wait to see it in more colors. ;-)
Hugs
Carol

Karen J said...

It's stunning Tracey. I've just made a card with this gorgeous set and will be posting it on my blog tomorrow!!
Karen xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey!
I just saw this card on Best of the Blogosphere or the Shout out list. Can't remember which I was looking at at the time. Anywho.... I had to drop in and tell you how absolutly beautiful it is! Very deserving of the SHOUT! Thoes flowers are to die for!

Hugs,
True :)

Unknown said...

Can someone help me. I would LOVE to make this card. Can I use pop dots instead of silicone glue? If not, is silicone glue readily available in craft stores, so I can buy it?
Thanks!

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

You could use pop dots but they would have to be pretty tiny or cut them to fit. You don't have to use craft silicone glue. You can go to any hardware store and pick up a small tube ( not the the stuff in the big cylinder tube) of clear all-purpose silicone (sealant). The stuff for bathtubs and sealing cracks in windows/trim etc. You would probably find it in the bath and plumbing section. Silicone is great in that you you can angle the raised parts and the glue is flexible.