Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SPOTLIGHT: Sonya Appel

I am so happy to have Sonya in the spotlight today!  Sonya makes such gorgeous cards and she is the master of the quilling and flower-anything... sooo pretty!  Anyhoo, Sonya had a special request for me ( I'll let her tell the story ;)  )  Sonya made this gorgeous box!  Also please go congratulate Sonya, she just posted on her blog that she is a new Grandma to a sweet little girl!  Woohoo!

Here's Sonya!

************************************

Your A Blessing Magic Box.





  This Emma image was a special request and Tracey outdid herself.  I asked her for an Emma made especially for these magic boxes.  One where Emma would be holding a sign with a sentiment and that had a back view since the magic boxes are a 360 view.  You can see from the pictures that it works beautifully and, in my opinon, makes the box extra special!!  The floating flowers are also in this digi set and come in three sizes for layering or for smaller boxes.




 Emma and the flowers were colored in Prismacolors and OMS. The flowers were lined with metallic gel pens, shaped, layered and glittered then adhered with glue dots to their acetate floating "stems".  I decided not to add leaves so not to add another color, but you could if you so desire.  Emma is attached to the bottom of the box just as the flowers are but does not move.  When you take the lid off of the box the sides fall to reveal the surprise of falling flowers that "float" with very little air movement.  You can adapt this box to a smaller size and the variations are endless!  I have more details on my blog, www.appelquilling.blogspot.com.  Thanks sooo much Tracey for such a cute Emma to play with!

Digi Set used:  Emma with a Sign
Sonya's Tutorial:  LINK

************************************** 
Sooo cute, Sonya!  Enjoy that new grandbaby!


:)*  Fred

5 comments:

Carolivy said...

Sonya, this box is absolutely stunning! I love it! Everything about it is totally perfect!
Hugs
Carol

Conniecrafter said...

OH Wow that is just so sweet and so creative and neat, just love the idea of the floating flowers, gorgeous piece!

Mara Coeli said...

Sonia, I love it. It's so amazing!
Hugs.

Mara Coeli said...

Oh! Amazing! I love it.
Hugs

Greg B said...

This box is brilliant, you really have done created a brilliant piece of art.

Greg
IncyWincy CC
My Blog