Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, to all the mom's out there in blogland! I had a lovely weekend, my mom came to visit ( and of course, my dad too) . We went to the nursery/bakeshop and bought flowers and the most delicious cinnamon knots, fresh out of the ovens. Then off we went to a wonderful antique store with herb gardens, free coffee and preserve sampling, llamas, goats, fluffy chickens and a nature trail... all in little log cabins... a little piece of heaven they have there. It's called "The Bruce Beckons".

The store has opened without a hitch ( so far LOL!). Thanks so much for your support and words of congratulations :) Also, thank you to all that purchased the Daffodil Kit, so far you have raised $48 for the Canadian Cancer Society. woohoo!



Here is a card I made today for my MIL, the lovely and oh so awesome DH cut out the flowers for me LOL! I coloured the sepia outline flowers with pink watercolour pencil and blended with a Dove Blender, added iridescent red lines on the petals. The leaves were painted light green and then completely painted over with green-yellow duo pearl ex... really cool, looks almost like dufex if you know what that is. The twirly bits are gold pearl ex using a liner brush.

I hope to have more products next week. I'd best get cracking!

Thanks again and BIG HUGS!!!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Gorgeous card Tracey - I like the treatment you gave to the flowers. Have to try something like that!