Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flutterby paper, Distress Inks and the Flowerpot Freebie



Ranger should soooo hire me ROFL! I am in love with distress inks, and the blender tool, and the stickles, and the alcoholic inks... they are all just FAB. I wanted to show you some sample papers I made using the Flutterbies for your Flowers 1 background paper tool or digi-stamp or whatever you want to call it. To the very left is the paper, ( black butterflies on white) straight out of the printer and cut.

The next from left was made with the same paper by blending distress inks with the blending tool on a non-stick craft sheet - a highly recommended tool. (Spiced Marmalade, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain) Timmeh has an awesome video on this technique ( about 4:00 into the video)

Tim Holtz "Ranger Distress Ink Techniques"

THEN I embossed the distressed paper with a Sizzix embossing Folder (Medallions, Frame & Damask) and then picked up some more distress ink ( walnut stain) and lightly blended over the embossing... so cool!

The middle paper is the butterfly paper where I changed the colour from black to a teal blue. I plan to show you how with Artweaver by the end of the week. It is very easy. I blended Scattered Straw and Broken China distress inks then added Gold Ice Stickles to the butterflies.
The blue and white paper was made digitally by putting the White Flutterby paper( on transparent background) PNG over a light blue"sheet"... kind of like "stamping" with white ink ;) The possibilities are almost endless with the background paper tools.

Here is my go at the Flower pot Digi-Freebie. Tip: I know it is bad to hoard, but the little blue butterflies were punched from a scrap of leftover blue paper I had printed, you never know when a scrap bit of paper could come in handy LOL! Another Tip: my gold paper is CS sprayed with gold paint ;). I edged the image and butterflies with gold Lumiere paint and added dots to the flowers by dipping the end of my brush into the paint. The image is coloured with Pencils and OMS.



Don't forget to try out the Freebie Challenge ;) I have another freebie for you later but I am not tellin'!

:)*

12 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

this is simply gorgeous Tracey! I love what you've done with the background papers.....I'm in the collectin stage of TH stuff....but when I get me some time here I want to try out some of your awesome tips here!

Unknown said...

Im hooked on distress inks too ;)

Carolivy said...

Oh Tracey! :-O This card is Gorgeous! What is CS though? I just got my first bunch of Ink Stamp Pads. I don't do "traditional" stamping, but wanted the ink pads for the colors....will have to look into the Distressed Inks, me thinks! ;-)
Hugs
Carol

Rosemary said...

Thank you for the awesome freebie and your card is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

WoW Tracey! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
My jaw hit the floor on this one! Thanks for the tips!
Hugs,
True :)

Nikki said...

Just so pretty love your hand made paper :)

Donna said...

OMG Tracey, this is absolutely gorgeous, love how you've done the paper it looks so elegant and your coloring of the image is fabulous. WOW
hugs
Donna

syy said...

What a lovely finished result. You certainly inspire us.

Conniecrafter said...

Love what you did with those distress inks and your card is absolutely gorgeous!!

NikkiM said...

You are truly an inspiration - love your blog - I've given you a blog award, go check it out :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing! The depth is so rich and the texture. OUlalalaLA! You have a zillion tricks don't you!? Keep 'em coming. They are ultra inspiring! :O)

Shelly Schmidt said...

gorgeous cards- lovely coloring. TFS I have not tried digi's- these are so pretty!