Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Red Polka Dotty Flower Card & Digi-Freebie


Here is a card I made for my BFF. I used the Polka Dotty Flowers Set, in red. The leaves are from the set, but ( HERE's a TIP :) ) I coloured over them with prismacolor pencils ( kelp green and sage green) to deepen the colours. I actually blended with the sage green pushing it back and forth into the darker colour. So if you want your leaves ( you will always have extra leaves from the sheets ;) ) to match or work better with what you are doing, try colouring over them, with pencils or copics or whatever! The ribbon stems is May Arts 3/16 stitched ribbon I got from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. I also used black dew drops for the flower centers.

I am adding the digi paper I used here as a freebie. I love this one as it goes with everything, especially the coloured flowers :) Please click the sheet below to enlarge then right-click and save to your hard drive ( I meant it to be 5"x7" at 200 ppi but you can resize larger if needed).


:)* Fred

10 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the paper! Great tip!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful, beautiful card those flowers are so vibrant and thank you so much for the freebie you are so kind.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sonya said...

Pretty!!! I love the polka dots, that's next in line! I love the colored Emma's also!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey

Another great card, I just love these flowers. Thank you for the freebie, I will be sure to make use of it.

Chrissy

fabienne said...

magnifique!!!

The Wired Angel said...

Hi Fred!! Beautiful cards.. both the floral and mermaid cards are precious. Thanks for the freebie also. Enjoy your day.

Sue said...

Beautiful card, love the colours on it. Big thank you for the freebie paper.
Sue xx

Bonita Rose said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Tracy this is a BEAUTIFUL card!!!! I love the brilliance of the red against the yellow!!!

Anonymous said...

The card is even more beautiful in person! You continue to inspire me. I can't tell you again how much we enjoyed our visit and time together. xxx Stephanie