Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Card - Pink Blossom & Distress Ink Technique

Hi Everyone! I am still waiting on a few voters in the challenge so I have no news for you yet! I also want to remind you that there will also be 2 winners picked by random draw ( out of a hat.. don't like those random number generators.. not random enough for me LOL!).

I have a few cards I haven't posted yet. So I will close my eyes and pick one...

Oh yes... :O)

I love the background on this one. Here is what I did:

-I inked up my Sizzix Damask embossing folder with Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw Distress inks randomly. ( on the debossed side)
-I embossed the folder in the CB with white cardstock.
-I spritzed the cardstock with water.
-dry with heat tool
- then I moistened the clean sponge on my blender tool and inked it with scattered straw and then rubbed it over the embossed areas of the cardstock.
- I probably spritzed the cardstock again.
- dry with heat tool. Isn't it cool?!

The frame is from the same Sizzix embossing set.. Medallions, Frame & Damask and was distressed with scattered straw and then cut out. The bird is a BossKut bird die inked with worn lipstick and I added Distress Stickles in the same colour all over it.

Flowers and leaves are from "A Lovely Blossom & Butterfly Set" and are coloured with pencils and OMS . The center of the flower is 2 small daisy punched flowers ( fiskars I think) coloured with streaks of yellow and green pencil. I snipped each petal to make "ruffly" and bent the center of each punched flower in with a rounded embossing tool on a mouse pad to get the petals to pop out, then I glued one daisy on top of the other. The very center is lime green stickles.

Have a great day!
:)* Fred

9 comments:

Sue said...

What a clever idea with the CB folder, would never have thought of doing anything like that. It worked a treat as you have created a gorgeous card.
Sue xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what a beautiful background you've created... I love everything about it!

Suzi Mac said...

This is Lovely, thanks for all the instructions, a real inspiration.
Suzi xx

Anita said...

Wow! This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing on you did this technique.

Tricia said...

gorgeous! love what you did here

Sue said...

Very clever idea with the folder.I love this.Great card x

Shirley said...

The background is lovely. The whole card is beautiful, too. I'm going to try your technique with the Cuttlebug folder.
Shirley L.
Roseville, CA
shirlee@surewest.net

Conniecrafter said...

Such a beautiful background, love the colors, pretty flower too!

RosesMarijke said...

Amazing card!!