Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Goodie Bags on the Cheap





Hi Everyone! I thought I'd post so you would know I am still alive and kicking LOL. Actually I hope this is a multi-posting day heehee!

Here is a quick project I resorted to at 9 PM the eve before dear Emma's 7th birthday. I didn't have time to head to the "big city" to grab supplies so I did my shopping locally and usually that means, you don't find what you want or at the price you want. I overpaid on most of the goodies to put in the goody bags ( but I don't mind, God bless the store owners as I know the taxes and rents they pay in our small town - yikes). ... and I couldn't find any decent gift bags that were cheap. And, come on, these little princesses are 6 & 7 LOL, they care more about the goodies inside ;) Well I thought I'd try to make quick toppers to put on brown lunch bags. They were a hit! I had a few extra cut-out FLOWERS in my to do box ( who am I kidding... a ton of extra flowers LOL). I scored and bent them, added some Stickles to the centers. While they were drying, I made thin strips of coloured copy paper and curled them with the edge of my scissors. I punched out a few branches with a MS punch, and used a Martha embossing border punch on some white paper. After assembling, I stapled the bags shut and added the toppers with some double sided adhesive.



Here's Emma with some new adoptees! Have a great day!

:)* Fred

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh yes love those goodie bags love the designs on the top just makes they look so elegant and Emma looks gorgeous so do her new friends.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anita said...

Cute bags!